Friday, May 1, 2009

The Music of My Soul

I love music. I have lots of it and I am always looking for more. I don't even want to know how much I have spent on iTunes, but it is a lot. Some I get because I like the melody, some I get because they're "what's hot", and some I get because...well because they're free. But every once and a while I find one that really speaks to my soul. One that is like looking in a mirror. And sometimes I find these in the most unlikely spots. I am not a big country fan but I have found a couple of really good ones in that genre. My latest diamond in a gold mine came from somewhere I never expected.....Disney....Yes Disney. Who knew that "Achy Breaky" Billy Ray's Daughter would be the one who brought the next soul searching song my way. It's a song that talks about the struggles of life, and doesn't pretend they are not there and that they will never be there on the future. I can spend my whole life looking for the end of this journey that I will forget to enjoy the ride.

"There's always gonna be another mountain, I'm always gonna to want to make it move. Always gonna be an uphill battle, sometime I am gonna have to lose. It's not about how fast I get there, It's not about what's waiting on the other side. It's the climb."

"The Climb" by Miley Cyrus is my new favorite song.

What song speaks to your soul?
E

1 comment:

  1. that song is really really good. sometimes it is hard to admit, but it is. :)

    ReplyDelete